30 October 2009

Indian Summer

Dear Blog,
I have been neglecting you. I'm sorry. I've just been so busy with my day jobs and getting new art ready for my art show on November 21st. Suddenly, I'm so busy! I haven't even had time lately to stop in for a lazy cup of coffee at any of my favorite haunts. My days are filled with meetings and task lists and calendars while my nights are filled with art-making and planning --not a bad balance. Unfortunately though, I just don't have a lot of energy left over for thinking up interesting ideas to post or even seeking out artists to interview.

For now dear blog, you might have to go on the back burner. Luckily though, the weather is still lovely as we greet November. I have plenty of wildflowers still growing in the yard with which to decorate the house in pretty bouquets. The leaves are at their crimsony, gold, orange and rich brown peak. Yesterday, D and I went to the pumpkin patch and picked out 2 winners!




This picture just says fall to me: it's a loaf of Challah that I baked myself -- In what little spare time I have-- I like to experiment with recipes!


Here's hoping to a bit more free time to talk to you, blog.
xx, Lauren