07 September 2007

Ice Ice Baby

Last night, we went to the opening night gala at the Rep theatre and amongst the great food, beautiful flowers, and glittery people was an ice sculpture in the shape of a martini glass with a luge, meaning you pour the martini mix through a tube at the top of the ice sculpture and it comes out ice cold. It was the coolest thing! And I just read a very cool article about an ice sculptor, Kaz Adachi, in the NY Times magazine. He creates sculptures for restaurants and bars. Below is just an example of how ornate these sculptures can become but I'm not sure who did this one.




Click on the image to go to the originating site. As for me, it's a happy friday I will run some errands today including stopping by the art supply store and then go to the studio for a bit and see what happens.

Yesterday, I was very pleased to pick up some simple inspiration in the form of


and

There are so many things I would like to do around the house, I really should make a list, room by room.