25 February 2009

Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

I figured that since I praised the talk given by Elizabeth Gilbert a few posts back, I would read her book. I found it at the library- and have been devouring it for the past 3 days. It is laugh out loud funny, heartbreaking, passionate, bittersweet, dreamy, brave, mouth-watering, adventuresome and wonderful.

I am loving this book.

I have little pieces of odd shaped papers sticking out of this book upon which I copied down quotes, ideas, and a couple of Italian words and translations. Such as:
bel far niente-- the beauty of doing nothing, or
l'arte d'arrangiarsi-- the art of making something out of nothing.

This is the kind of book that I love to read because I am propelled through it with a yearning to know what will happen next but I also don't want to get to the end-- because I don't want it to be over.
This is an amazing and inspiring story.