09 March 2008

kitchen shelves and books with horses and yellow covers



I swiped these pics from another blog-- sfgirlbybay.blogspot.com which she swiped from a book called The Way We Live in the City. Inspiration as we are going to get shelves in our kitchen!!! Yippppeeeeee! I can hardly wait, we need them! and waiting for me at home is a big ring of sample colors to choose from! Yahhooooooo
In other news,
I seem to be on a horse kick in my reading life. I took two books out of the library and each has a horse on the cover. I started reading the first book, The Hearts of Horses by Molly Gloss. It's a novel about a woman who is a bronco buster. It has a very mellow vibe and not too much happens but I'm enjoying it. I've been having some existential dilemmas of late- (twiddling my thumbs while I'm at work thinking: what am i doing?, why am i doing it? why am i not doing something else? -- you know, the usual existential dilemma stuff one worries about. But it's all good. Last week, D and I took a new exercise class at our gym called Group Power. It kicked my ass-- but was awesome and I can't wait to go again and get buff! You use a barbell with different weights and disks and the class works all your major muscle groups. It's just what I need!