16 September 2006





Making books is fun! I'm experiment with ways to make pages, binding, and imagery. Last night was open studios and then a visiting painter lecture. It's so cool to see how everyone is using their space and filling it. I had an amazing conversation with a woman named Bev last night at dinner. She made some very astute observations about me and honed in on our shared Judaism immediately when she asked me if my Mother wants me to marry someone Jewish..... It turns out Bev is a clinical psychologist and in the mix with our great conversation I did feel like she was psycho-analyzing me just a little in her head. The funny thing is that from a far she seems a little flaky and dreamy, she is a beautiful woman-- with silver curly hair to her chin. She always wears these cute red clog-like shoes with striped socks a some kind of hat that makes her look like a flapper. She's probably in her 60's?? Anyways, she just has a sparkle!

I am in a total news and world void-- even though Im at an advantage to those without a car here- I just have no idea what's happening in the world. My days are structured around mealtimes! I get up at 7:30, shower and go for breakfast. Then, I go to my studio around nine. At noon, I break for lunch-- three days a week I work in the development office from 1-4. Yoga is usually 4:30 to 6. Dinner is at 6. Then, there has been an activity like open studios, slide night, readings, lectures from 8-9. Then more studio time or sometimes the sculptors make a bonfire. And bed-- then repeat!