21 August 2006

creative visualization

"Every set that I did in the gym, every repetition I did on chin-ups or on squats with 500 pounds, I never said to myself, ‘Oh my God, another rep.' I said, ‘Yes! Another rep, another rep,' because that will make my dream turn into reality."
--Arnold Schwarzenegger

There is a beautiful bunch of lantern flowers in a vase on the dining room table. They are a rich orange the color of fire and they're hanging there, off of each stem filled with air, completely still, delicate, balloon-like.



I sat outside today and the wind was blowing in the Poplars and making the leaves rustle.

I spent Saturday, Sunday and Monday in Pittsburgh and had lots of fun with DL. Saturday, I did some work here:

at the 61c cafe in Squirrel Hill, or as I like to call it, Squirtel Hill.
Sunday night D performed in S'Carrie the musical-- based on Carrie the movie. It was equal parts funny but raunchy-- with some bad language! I had a few good laughs-- the actors had only one other practice run-- so I think they did a really good job.
Monday we had breakfast out and I ate a HUGE amount of food, eggs, 2 crepe pancakes the size of a dinner plate, and wonder of all wonders-- bacon....which I normally don't eat but it was so yummy. Then, after a little nap, I was on my way back to Buffalo. There is nothing better than a nap with your sweetie.
ahhhhh.